Sedation Dentistry in Schertz, Texas
At Randolph Family Dental, we want our patients to be comfortable and stress-free. We aim to manage our patient’s pain and anxiety through a range of sedation options.
We believe that the best dental care comes when our patients feel safe and comfortable. That’s why at Randolph Family Dental, we offer the following sedation options:
- Local Anesthesia: Local anesthesia is applied by an injection to the area that will be treated or operated on. It has no effect on a patient’s consciousness, but the numbness will dramatically reduce pain, allowing for more comfort and less anxiety.
- IV Sedation: Intravenous sedation, also known as conscious sedation, is a sedative that is injected through the veins and induces a “twilight sleep.” In this state, you will be less aware of what is going on during your treatment.
- Oral Sedation: Oral sedation is a drug that you can take before your appointment. The pill will help you feel relaxed and anxiety-free. It has also been known to make patient’s less aware of pain. This method allows the patient to stay awake and generally aware of their surroundings. You can expect to return to your normal state shortly after treatment.
- Laughing Gas: Laughing gas is inhaled through a special mask to reduce anxiety or nervousness. Laughing gas is a popular option for its effectiveness, safety, and because it leaves no lingering effects. The effects from laughing gas normally wear off as soon as your cease you breathing it in.
- General Anesthesia: General anesthesia induces a deep sleep. You will be completely unconscious during the treatment or operation, and you won’t wake up until the procedure is complete.
Don’t let your anxiety or worry get in the way of your oral health. To learn more about sedation dentistry in Schertz and your options, call our friendly staff at (210) 658-9031 to schedule an appointment today.